1. Yorkshire Squash and Racketball Association (YSRA) is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation whose aim is to promote the playing of Squash and Racketball (also called Squash57) in Yorkshire.
2. In order to fulfil its aim, YSRA will
(a) Maintain and uphold the rules and objectives of England Squash (ES), and support and assist it as and when appropriate
(b) Represent YSRA at ES Council meetings and its AGM
(c) Act as the representative body for venues with squash courts and individual players within the county
(d) Encourage venues with squash courts and individual players to join ES
(e) Encourage venues with squash courts to promote the use of their courts for squash and racketball
(f) Maintain good practice in respect of Data Protection, Risk Assessment, Equal Opportunities and safeguarding of vulnerable children and adults
(g) Train, select and manage teams in the Inter-County Championships, organise County Championships, provide opportunities for juniors to progress in the game, run a countywide league for club teams, support local leagues within the county, and support the development of Coaches and Referees
(h) Undertake any further activities which are consistent with its aim
3. Membership of YSRA is open to any body or individual which supports its aims and who, by applying for membership, has indicated their agreement to be a member. While not excluding any body or individual who wishes to apply, the initial members of the Association, subject to their agreement, will be those venues with squash courts which are currently affiliated to England Squash
4. The affairs of YSRA shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the five Trustees registered with the Charity Commission and up to five further members elected at the AGM. At least two members of the Committee must be of the opposite gender. The Committee may co-opt further non-voting individuals. A quorum is three of the Trustees. The Committee shall meet at least three times in between AGMs
5. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in September, and an invitation to attend shall be sent to all known venues with squash courts and individual players and coaches, at least 14 days before the meeting. The business of the meeting shall include a report on the year’s activities, a financial statement, the election of Trustees and other Committee members, any changes to the Constitution, the election of a President, any changes to the rules and format of the County League, and any other relevant matters. The quorum shall be thirteen members.
6. Proposals for consideration at the AGM, except those relating to the election of the Committee, must be received by the Secretary by email or post, at least 28 days before the meeting, so that they can be included in the notice of the AGM. Nominations for the Trustees and other Committee members will be taken at the meeting
7. A General Meeting can be called at any time by the Committee or at the request of any five individuals who are members of Yorkshire Squash
8.The financial year of YSRA shall be 1 July to 30 June 9.In the event of dissolution of YSRA any assets, after discharge of liabilities, shall be transferred to England Squash
Approved at the Committee meeting held on 29 January 2018
The Yorkshire Squash and Racketball Association is run by an elected committee and supported by many volunteers. Details of roles and responsibilities can be found here...